Oxford International College in the UK
- In 2000, BIU acquired a company named Oxford International College based in Oxford, UK.
- Oxford International College was changed to Bircham International College with the intention of establishing a BIU operational office in the UK. This office was never started because of UK law restrictions on degree programs not recognized by the Ministry of Education or holding a Royal Charter. According to the "Education Reform Act 1988" and the "Further and Higher Education Act 1992", Bircham International College was authorized to issue higher certificates and diplomas but not university degrees.
- In 2006, BIU president, Prof. Dr. Deric Bircham got a Royal Charter from the Ancient Kingdom of Ogbaland, acknowledged by the British Crown since 1850.
- Now BIU plans to open a new Bircham International College in the town of Bircham, England.
- See all BIU World References